I wouldn’t consider myself simple, well, perhaps I can be at times, but that’s an entirely different meaning of “simple.” But my mind was scampering through the forest of thought this morning and I began to remember things that make me smile.
- when the dog greets me (happily) at the door when I come home. And NO, I do not keep bacon in my pockets or the proverbial porkchop tied around my neck.
- When the coffee reaches that point where it’s just hot enough yet cool enough to drink.
- That moment when you get to be the first one on cue at the checkout line.
- When you finally find that pair of pants that fit just right and you find out they’re on sale.
- When you stop for fuel right AFTER the price dropped.
- When you get an actual letter in your mailbox (that’s from someone you want to hear from).
- That moment when you’re just about to drift off to sleep and you hear the rain begin.
- The feel of the sand washing out from under your feet at the beach.
- Finding a few bucks in your pocket that you had forgotten about.
- When the loud talkers that had been standing outside your office finally decide to take their conversation to the breakroom.
- Singing to a song on the radio and looking over to see the person in the car next to you singing the same song (just as badly) and you end up laughing together about it at the next light.
- Getting to draw faces on a friend’s toes.
The simple things really are some of the most wonderful times in our lives. They happen every day and we usually take them for granted. Eyes open! Watch for them! For they can be small and elusive or they may step up and slap you in the head.
Laugh often, smile oftener and live!