WOW! That’s pretty much all I can manage at this point. Nominated for the “Interesting Blog Award” by my new friend Running Without Socks. I took the liberty of creating my own award plaque to share, so hopefully you’ll like it.
*UGH* And then there are “The Rules.” If it’s okay, my mind shall wander about opening the odd door, window, and grating to peer into the stacks of miscellaneous thoughts socked away to see what answers can be provided.
The Rules are as follows (no napping yet):
- Thank the person who nominated you. (DING)
- List five random facts about yourself. (see below)
- Nominate a minimum of 5 blogs for the award. (TBD)
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice. (THIS will be fun).
- And finally, let them know you have nominated them. (Well THAT kinda spoils the surprise).
First things first, you have got to sneak over and spy out Running Without Socks. Quite amusing, insightful, and fun to read. Please refrain from leaving nose prints on the windows, putting the milk back with nothing left but backwash (I hate that), and for goodness’ sake try not to leave butt prints on the sofa.
Now….on to business, five random things about me:
- I am an Introvert and am pretty boring in person. That’s my own opinion according to the voices in my head telling me that frequently.
- My socks seldom match. If they do, it’s purely chance.
- I have far more coffee travel mugs than I should, but I use them all at some point.
- I collect sock monkeys, but have to keep them out of the reach of the dog who thinks they are pretty tasty.
- My mind is like a sponge…..it used to be very absorbent, but now just kinda mildewy. Ever put your keys in your pocket then spent half an hour trying to remember where you put your keys? Actually found them in the freezer once.
Jumping ahead a bit, Answer the 5 questions. Okay RWS, you asked, so might wish to brace yourself:
- What are you listening to right now (if anything)? If not, what would you like to be listening to right now?
Right now I am listening to classical music for two reasons. It’s on the “approved list for cubicle listening” and it also reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons I enjoyed so much as a kid (and an adult). Although, come to think of it, I would like to be listening to the bells ringing because I had just won the Power Ball Lottery.
- What food would you hate to be without? (not basic staples – your favorite indulgence)
Let me explain how MY food pyramid works…what I like (indulgence) gets promoted to the basic staples category. I would be MOST unhappy to have to forego my favorite meal: Won-Ton Soup and chicken fried rice! It’s my go to meal when I need a pick me up.
- If you woke up and were transformed to the opposite sex, what would be the first thing you do?
Duh…..get coffee! Then try to contain my excitement at finally being able to understand women. Then more coffee.
- If you could change your job title, what would it be? (not the job, just the title).
I’m rather fond of “Your Highness” or “Oh Captain, My Captain.” Then there’s always “Light of My World” and “Koffee King.”
- City or Beach Vacation?
Beach, definitely. Not just the beach…..private island beach, with a hammock in the shade and lots of ice cold beer. Hey, if you’re going to dream…..
What are the 5 questions I would like to ask my nominees….oh, this might take some brainpower. Back in a minute, more coffee required if thinking is involved. I was never good with essay questions, preferring multiple choice instead.
- If a single event in your life could be prefaced by, “That Awkward Moment When…” what would it be?
- Using only five descriptive words, what are your pet peeves?
- You discover that you are the victim of a practical joke, to you get angry or do you laugh….and, of course, why?
- If we met face to face, over coffee of course, what would you like to talk about?
- If you had the opportunity to hug one person that you don’t already know, who would it be and why?
My Nominees are……..go ahead and take a potty break, you’ve had a lot of coffee…we’ll wait and talk about you while you’re gone.
Reality In Progress